All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi:
I spent nearly 1-0 years at AIIMS, studying both my MBBS and MS Orthopaedics at this prestigious Institute of the country. The training a this Institute was of extremely high quality and matches the reputation of the Institute.
Ninewells University Hospital, Dundee, UK:
Most of my training in United Kingdom was at the Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. This was a large university hospital known for excellence in Orthopaedics and is the regional trauma centre. The Orthopaedic department was large with experts in all the sub-specialities. I had excellent exposure ad training in all facets of Orthopaedics encouraged by a dynamic and committed team of Orthopaedic consultants.
Endo Kinik, Hamburg, Germany:
I was trained in Revision Joint Replacement a the world famous Endo Klinik. Endo Klinik s the world’s largest Revision Joint Replacement centre and one of the largest centres in the world for any kind of Joint Replacement.
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK:
RNOH is one of the world’s premier Orthopaedic super-speciality Hospital, which is the tertiary referral centre not only for United Kingdom but also for many parts of the world. I undertook training in ‘Cartilage Transplant Surgery’ & some aspects of ‘Regenerative Orthopaedic Surgery.
Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, UK:
Oswestry Orthopaedic Hospital, as it is commonly called, is one of the oldest and largest speciality Orthopaedic hospitals in the world. I was exposed to Stem cell use in Orthopaedics, Tissue Engineering & Cartilage Regeneration at this hospital.
Gent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium:
I undertook some training in ‘Advanced Arthroscopy of the Knee’ training here.
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, UK:
At this large tertiary care Speciality Hospital I gained experience in ‘Shoulder Arthroscopy’.
Wellington Hospital, London:
I attended Wellington Hospital specifically to learn ‘Hip Arthroscopy’ from the world renowned Hip Arthroscopy surgeon ‘Richard Villar’.
Research and Publications:
- Contralateral slip - an avoidable complication and indication for prophylactic pinning in Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis – Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Br 2006 88(B):1492-1496.
- The Porcine limb as a model for human flexor tendon surgery – Paper published in Journal of Hand Surgery (Br).2005 Jun.30(3);307-309.
- Review of Acetabular Revisions Using Bateman Bipolar Prosthesis – Thesis submitted to University of Dundee as part of M.Ch. Orth programme.
- Study of rib hump deformities in scoliosis – Thesis submitted as part of Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics programme.
- Internal Fixation of Subcapital Fractures of Femoral Neck – Submitted for publication to ‘Injury’ with me as the first author.
- Chairman of the hip arthroplasty Session at Telangana Orthopaedic surgeons Association (TOSA) – 1 st Conference – Hyderabad, Feb’16
- Conducted ‘Knee Arthroplasty Workshop’ at Telangana Orthopaedic surgeons Association (TOSA) – 1 st Conference – Hyderabad, Feb’16
- ‘Optimal Head size in Total Hip Arthroplasty’ – Invited speaker at at Telangana Orthopaedic surgeons Association (TOSA) – 1 st Conference – Hyderabad, Feb’16
- Faculty – Cadaveric workshop on Total Hip Arthroplasty – M S Ramaiah ALC, Bangalore, Jan’16
- Osteochondritis dissecans – Therapy protocol’ – Invited speaker at ‘3 rd Indian Cartilage Society’ conference at Ahmedabad, Nov’15
- Faculty – Stryker Millenium Conference, Kaulalumpur, May,14
- ‘Principles of Revision Knee Arthroplasty’ - Invited Speaker at ‘Stryker Millennium Arthroplasty’ conference, Mumbai, Sep’08.
- ‘Cell Therapies in Orthopaedic Surgery’ – Invited Speaker at ‘BioAsia 2008’, Hyderabad, Feb’08.
- Many invited lectures on common Orthopaedic problems were given at various regional Orthopaedic forums in Hyderabad and various districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis – A case for prophylactic fixation: presented at the annual conference of British Orthopaedic Association in September 2005.
- Current management of Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis – Guest lecture at the Annual Congress of Indian Orthopaedic Association, Nov’ 2006, New Dehi.
- Internal Fixation of undisplaced intracapsular fractures of femoral neck: Presented a paper at the IOACON 2004 at Chennai, India
- Transtibial Amputation – World Congress of International Society for Prosthetics & Orthotics, Hong Kong, Aug’04.
- The Management of Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphyses in an adult trauma service – Presented at the ‘British Society of Children’s Orthopaedic Surgeons’ annual meeting, Dublin, Jun’05.
- Ceramic Implant Arthroplasty for 1 st Metatarsophalangeal joint – Short Term Outcome - ‘American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons’ annual conference at Orlando in Feb ‘03.
- Outcome of Ceramic Replacement Arthroplasty of 1 st Metatarsophalangeal joint – ‘British Orthopaedic Foot Surgery’ annual meeting at Chester in Nov ’02.
- Porcine foot as a practice model for human hand dissection - 'Annual Conference of Clinical Anatomists' held at Glasgow in July 2001.
- Management of acetabular fractures - Clinical conference, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Study of Rib hump deformities in Scoliosis - Clinical conference, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Awards and Achievements
- Received the Ian Smillie Class Award for Distinction from University of Dundee for best performance in M.Ch Orth Course.
- I was the Best Outgoing Student of my batch in M.S. (Orthopaedics) examination.
- Selected for the lone seat of M.S. Orthopaedics at AIIMS from open competition in May 1994.
- Passed all the examinations in M.B.B.S. in first attempt and was among the top ten students of the class.
- Medical School admission tests:
- Selected in all the medical school admission tests taken in 1988
- AIIMS: Competed with about 39000 students from all over the country for 36 seats and was selected.
- BHU: Competed with 35,000 students from all over the country for 50 seats and was selected.
- A.P.EAMCET: Competed with 32,000 students and secured 25 th rank.
- Intermediate education: College 1 st rank.
- Higher Secondary education: 1 st rank in the district. Recipient of State Merit Scholarship for the years 1985-87.